Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2024, 05:17 AM   #1
Stangfire

Wobbly Dinette table fix.

My 2013 Hideout has a really bad wobbly table. I’ve done a lot of research reading all the threads about this issue. It is mounted to the slide out. The cups screwed to the floor are solid as well as the ones screwed to the underside of the table. Most of the play is where the legs go inside the cups. One of the cups on the floor is actually cracked on the inside. I read this is common from wear specifically from traveling with the table up. The unit is now parked at a permanent camp so I want to fix it.

The leg ends are crimped. I have tried bending them out and wrapping in duct tape and neither worked.

So I think my fix will be to replace the worn out parts and add a third leg, offset as much as possible to create a triangle shaped support for the table. See attached picture with sketch.

My issue is I’m trying to figure out what I need to buy and from where. I’m in Canada and these parts add up fast. Do the legs wear out or is it only the cups (bases) that wear out? If that’s the case I’ll need to buy (6) bases and (1) leg. So they all match.

Another option is on Amazon I can buy Class A Customs 2 pack black with plastic bases and two metal legs for a decent price. I could put those on the table in my bunk house that is solid and use those existing legs and bases in the dinette table. Then take the old parts and pick the best ones for the third leg. Lol.

Are the plastic bases as good as the cast metal ones?

Maybe I’m really over thinking this but I don’t want to spend too much but I do want a good fix. I’m sold on the third leg, I think that is a great idea.

Any thoughts or recommendations to add to this? I’ve owned this trailer now for one season and slowing making everything perfect how I want it. The wobbly table all last summer drove me nuts. I do like the design as it’s perfect for my family of 4. The kids sit on the back side and parents on the ends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keystone table fix.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	46472  
Stangfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 08:26 AM   #2
curtiscapk

here you go!

https://www.recpro.com/rv-dinette-bo...dinette-stand/
2013 F150 5.0 2WD