Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Blackjack

Smile Fresh water tank level sensors

I just purchased a 2004 Tailgator toy hauler. The wiring was torn apart from the sensors for the fresh water tank. The wires are still attached so I can see the colors, but they are not connected to the wiring harness that goes back to the gage in the trailer. Can anyone tell me what colors go to what colors on the wiring harness?
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #2
f6bits

I you get no replies, you can always go by trial and error. I've always wondered what would happen if the wiring was in incorrect order:
Does each wire control an individual gauge light? Or does each wire add to total number of lights? If it's the latter, then order wouldn't matter.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
Blackjack

I would assume that the white wire is the ground, and the other three light one light each. I just do not know what color wire go to the wires of the main harness. The main harness are different colors than the sensor wires. Hope some one knows so it would be as easy as connecting them and be done with it.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Blackjack, If you can get to the hookup of one of the other tanks, the color code should be the same, ie: if it's red/green/black on the FW tank, it should be the same arrangement on the black tank... Just a thought on where to start piecing it back together

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Blackjack

I had the same thought, but it looks like the other tanks wiring goes into a rubber connector that doesn't come apart, so, I can't tell where each wire is connected to what.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Hmmmm then fill the tank above the lower sensor, touch the wire to the lower sensor to the harness wires until the bottom LED lights, then fill the tank above the middle sensor, touch that sensor wire to the remaining wires until the second LED lights, that leaves one ????

I'm just guessing, you may not even be able to get access to do it this way?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote