Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #61
Ray 51

We finally got the camper back Tue. 3/4 new brain and remote, new rocker panel control board. Heading to Ocala today for the weekend to see how it holds up!
Ray 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #62
unyalli

Can we have some Pictures?
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:49 AM   #63
Ray 51

So far so good. We used the panel and the remote control. Pulled it about 250 miles round trip and everything worked. I found where CW forgot to put one of the screws back in the awning, but I took care of it.

I don't know how to put pictures on here, you want pics of the new parts?
Maybe my other half or my son can figure that out.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #64
Nation777

2013 Cougar 327RES Control Panel Not Working

We too are having the issue with the control panels bottom 2 rows not working. This was our first weekend with the camper that we that we purchased last December. I talked to our dealer today and they had not heard of this issue but they will investigate. I have tried the circuit breaker reset yet but will when we are back at the campsite this weekend. I am glad the remote works. If anyone has a communication from Keystone on this issue please post it. Thanks
Nation777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #65
micar

Dropped our 333MKS off at the dealer today to have the control board fixed and some other minor warranty repairs and we were advised by the service writer that the electronic control board will be replaced by one with rocker switches!!"bouncy:
Mike
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #66
TinyPhil

Control Panel Issues

I have a 2014 Cougar 5th wheel model 318 SAB. I purchased this trailer new in May 2013 from Petes RV in Indiana. The touch panel had problems on the very first day of ownership. The 2nd and 3rd rows of the panel quit working. I took the trailer back to Petes RV and they told me that I would have to get it fixed when I get back to Arizona. The problem was supposedly caused by electrical noise from the converter. If you disconnected shore power and battery power the panel would reset itself and would work again when power was reconnected. This was only a temporary fix and the problem could return at anytime. After a period of time. I finally got the panel replaced with the improved version that had a noise filter built into the wire harness for the panel. The replacement panel took care of that problem, but now I am having a new problem with the panel. The new problem is with the touch pads for the main slide. If you run the main slide out with the remote control, with the touch panel shut off, the slide will stay open, but if you energize the touch panel the slide will come back in by itself. This means that you would have to keep the panel shut off if you wanted to keep the slide open. I called Keystone customer service and they are aware of the problems that people are having with this touch panel. I was told that their new replacement panel had mechanical switches rather than touch switches. This will be a welcome change as mechanical switches are more reliable. The repair should be done in the next couple of weeks.
TinyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #67
airforceret

I can understand why they told you to wait until you get back to Arizona at Pete's as they've had my Cougar for a month now. I'm waiting on a call back from them this morning to see if they got anything done last week after my call to Keystone.
2001 Wrangler (Moab Rock Crawler) / 2008 Can Am Outlander 400 4x4
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #68
Ray 51

We used the camper 3 times without incident, upon bringing home last Sunday the bottom of the panel quit working again! I checked fuses, battery disconnect, shore power, reset button, nothing worked except the remote control, Which is a pain when wanting to get the camper off the truck. The landing gear button is connected to that panel also. I pulled the panel and couldn't believe the spaghetti Bull Sh8t wiring inside this camper that is supposed to go down the road! I have owned top of the line boats and crap boats and the biggest difference is the detail to manufacturing, this camper is the biggest POS I have ever purchased in my life! I am going to take a beating but as soon as that panel works this POS is being traded in on anything but a KEYSTONE!!
And this is the new rocker switch panel. this is not a fix!!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #69
JRTJH
Site Team

Sorry to hear about your issues, but maybe, for you, not having to deal with the issues any longer is the right move. Here's hoping that whatever you buy next gives you the enjoyment and reliability you want and meets your expectations. Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #70
Nation777

Cougar 327 RES Control Panel

My new 2013 panel is having the issue where it stops working. It will work again after power rest. Dealer contacted Keystone and was told they will no longer replace it with another touch panel but will replace it with a manually switched panel. They are having too many issues with the touch panel.
Nation777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #71
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation777 View Post
My new 2013 panel is having the issue where it stops working. It will work again after power rest. Dealer contacted Keystone and was told they will no longer replace it with another touch panel but will replace it with a manually switched panel. They are having too many issues with the touch panel.
With all the problems being documented by so many owners of the touch panel, if your dealer is wanting to replace it with a convention switch panel, I'd jump on it. Once you're out of warranty and start having problems (or continue having problems) with the touch panel, it can get real expensive real quick. Sometimes there's a lot of "good things to say" about "old technology"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #72
micar

Picked the trailer up on Tuesday, here is the new rocker switch panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	5995  
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #73
Keoni37

My two year old 2013 Cougar 333MKS (purchased new May 2013) on our first trip of 2015 (last week) had our first ever issue with the touch control panel. The 2nd and 3rd row switches quit working on two occasions, both times fixed by turning off main power breaker and going outside and turning off battery, then turned both back on, this fixed the problem in both instances. I am afraid now that this will be a progressive issue and if not corrected will continue to have worsening failures. Talked to the dealer and they are not willing to authorize a fix until I bring it in with a failure....catch 22! Use it until it breaks, then bring it in! Any advice would be much appreciated. How have others handled this? Thank you.
2010 Ford F-350 LB CC 4x4 PSD
2013 Cougar 333MKS
Keoni37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #74
Dave45039

Keystone authorized Two panel replacements for me. One, a direct replacement in Nov 2013 which went out in three months. They then replaced that one with a panel that had rocker switches. No questions asked. That one has worked fine for a year and a half. Try calling Keystone directly. They are authorizing replacements.

Dave & Janet

2013 Cougar 333MKS
2013 GMC 2500HD 6.0L / 4.10
[/LIST]
Dave45039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #75
Keoni37

Thanks Dave for the reply. Another question, have you experienced the fading cap problem and if not have you been waxing 2 to 4 times a year? Thanks
2013 Cougar 333MKS
Old 05-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #76
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoni37 View Post
Thanks Dave for the reply. Another question, have you experienced the fading cap problem and if not have you been waxing 2 to 4 times a year? Thanks

Moderator's Note:
Let's try to keep this thread on topic - the Cougar Control Panel issues. The problem about front caps fading is being thoroughly discussed in another thread. It might be more appropriate to ask your question in that forum (Fifth Wheels - 2012 End Cap Fade)

Thank you.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #77
Keoni37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post

Moderator's Note:
Let's try to keep this thread on topic - the Cougar Control Panel issues. The problem about front caps fading is being thoroughly discussed in another thread. It might be more appropriate to ask your question in that forum (Fifth Wheels - 2012 End Cap Fade)

Thank you.
Yes, I am aware of that forum and have made inqueries there. Sent Dave a private message.

Thank you.
2013 Cougar 333MKS