Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
William

2014 Summerland Bunkhouse Problems

Here are some problems that I have delt with in the last 6 months

1. Slide out stopped working. the little fuse breaker thing was the problem. I checked all the breakers I could find and they all seemed good. on-off switch was working. Took it to dealer and they said that a breaker was bad. I want to learn how to trouble shoot this slide out better.

2. The gasket across the top of the slide out was missing a deflector shield. rain came in. everything in the slide out and including the floor had to be replaced. The dealer handled it fairly well. took a long time, but I got a new slide out.

3. The hitch they gave me for my truck seems to be put together wrong or not adjusted correctly. still not resolved.

4. The black water tank indicator always shows full.. Ive been told by friends to live with it.

other than that. the biggest problem I have is leaning how all the electrical systems and gas systems work. I would rather trouble shoot and repair stuff myself than go back to the dealer.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
Ram189

While it is under warranty have them do all the work you can get done.

Other than that check youtube for some other info on how things work.
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

Well your friends are right the level sensor are accurate once! but if it's under warranty then let them fix it. There are 2 great tools to have for checking the electrical system #1 a digital vom meter (Sears Radio shack Harbor frieght) that will do ac and dc voltages. #2 a 12 volt test light. great for checking fuses circut breakers and power to !2 dc motors switches and lights.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
cabinfever

I was told by our dealer that there are usually two main reasons tank sensors fail. First, especially in the black tank, build up on the sensor. Second is the ground for the sensors.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:16 AM   #5
GaryWT

A lot of dealer installed hitches need to be adjusted once you are home and start loading the trailer. Most times, but not always, a good cleaning of the black tank will get the sensor working for a trip or two.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote