Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #21
SkyPiGG

Finally picked up the trailer today. The decal repair job looks sloppy, and it's now more of an eyesore than the scratch. They replaced the big TV, but got a different brand, and now it's not centered in the space and looks terrible. The stain on the couch is still there, and the exterior was very dirty.

The worst is that when I got it home, I found a dent where one of the chairs was too close to the wall and it broke through the wall when someone spun it.

I'm not at all happy, but there's nothing I can do about it. The dealer got away with selling me damaged goods, and even though they seem to be courteous and attentive, they just are not going to repair these things to my satisfaction.

I wish I could have a new trailer, but I know that's not possible. Frankly, I'm tired of dealing with these people, and I don't have the energy to get into a big legal battle with them.

Anyway.. the lesson here is to make sure you don't buy a trailer that's been on display at an RV show.
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #22
GaryWT

They do take a beating at the shows. When we had one there were issues for sure, never again.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #23
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Just have to ask,what happen to the concerned dealership owner?
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #24
SkyPiGG

I sent him a nasty-gram today, but I don't expect much. I'm not gonna drive another hour and a half to leave the trailer with him for another month or so in the middle of camping season.

I just hope I don't find any issues that are going to force me to have more warranty work.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #25
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPiGG View Post
I sent him a nasty-gram today, but I don't expect much. I'm not gonna drive another hour and a half to leave the trailer with him for another month or so in the middle of camping season.

I just hope I don't find any issues that are going to force me to have more warranty work.
I agree I would not delay your camping season any longer for them. On the other hand I would not let them blow you off either. I would maintain and add to your current open items list along with pictures. I had thought I read a previous post stating the owner wanted to make it right. I would stick with working with him and he may be more reluctant to working on your rig during the off season when you can get it all done at once. Just a thought.

Sorry to see you are in this mess
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #26
mom2budnbug

Sorry to hear things were not taken care of very well for you. No matter what, enjoy your camping

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #27
bmach

Lawyer

Did you ever consult with a lawyer? There is no way that trailer would be mine in that condition.
bmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #28
SkyPiGG

Dealer called me today eager to make it right. Taking it back to them on Saturday for round 3. We'll see how it goes.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #29
GaryWT

Good luck, I hope they come through for you.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:20 AM   #30
camp4ever

Good Luck on round 3!! I had a similar experience with LongView in CT... I bought a new pop-up from them with many return trips to fix the same issue 4 times (ended up fixing it myself)... After all that, I felt that I needed more punishment and bought a used hybrid from them....It had a leak right off the bat, so they brought it in for reapir.. After 2 weeks, they re-caulked everything!! GREAT I said....
Luckily it was raining when I picked it up. The saleman was so proud of himself that is was "leakproof"!! NOOOOOPE ! As the saleman is standing in the camper bragging what a good job they did, I see water dripping from the ceiling behind him. I blurted out WTF !! outloud I was so pissed, I threw him out of the camper and told him I would fixed it myself.. I guess it was my breaking point...NEVER AGAIN
Sorry you are going through this, just don't give up!!!
camp4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #31
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4ever View Post
Good Luck on round 3!! I had a similar experience with LongView in CT... I bought a new pop-up from them with many return trips to fix the same issue 4 times (ended up fixing it myself)... After all that, I felt that I needed more punishment and bought a used hybrid from them....It had a leak right off the bat, so they brought it in for reapir.. After 2 weeks, they re-caulked everything!! GREAT I said....
Luckily it was raining when I picked it up. The saleman was so proud of himself that is was "leakproof"!! NOOOOOPE ! As the saleman is standing in the camper bragging what a good job they did, I see water dripping from the ceiling behind him. I blurted out WTF !! outloud I was so pissed, I threw him out of the camper and told him I would fixed it myself.. I guess it was my breaking point...NEVER AGAIN
Sorry you are going through this, just don't give up!!!
Don't even get me started on Longview RV!!!!!
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #32
camp4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer222 View Post
Don't even get me started on Longview RV!!!!!
Did you have a similar experience gaffer222 ????
camp4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #33
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4ever View Post
Did you have a similar experience gaffer222 ????
Several bad experiences with Longview. I can't get into to it as makes me sick to think about it.
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #34
SAABDOCTOR

never heard anything good about longview. bought my first one from Hemlock hills. crossed that place off my list this one came from diamond rv in ma. been happy with them. also on the western side of ct is Daves rv nice people. gaffer where are you getting your new one from?
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #35
SkyPiGG

Update..

I'm at the end of my rope with this dealership. I have to fight them on every issue to get it fixed. We finally got to take it camping last weekend, and discovered they didn't de-winterize the hot water heater. Burned out the element. I took it to a different dealership and had them fix it because I think I need to limit the trailer's exposure to those guys. I have to take it back in August for warranty work to redo the decal and fix an interior wall, and a seam that is coming undone.

Once I get the warranty work done, I hope I never have to see those guys again.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #36
bcbbmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPiGG View Post
Update..

I'm at the end of my rope with this dealership. I have to fight them on every issue to get it fixed. We finally got to take it camping last weekend, and discovered they didn't de-winterize the hot water heater. Burned out the element. I took it to a different dealership and had them fix it because I think I need to limit the trailer's exposure to those guys. I have to take it back in August for warranty work to redo the decal and fix an interior wall, and a seam that is coming undone.

Once I get the warranty work done, I hope I never have to see those guys again.

Forgive me if you've already answered this, but have you called Keystone directly? This dealer sounds horrible to work with.
bcbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #37
SkyPiGG

Finally have closure to this whole fiasco. I took it back to Hitch RV and left it there for the entire month of August. I told them to not even call me unless it looked like brand new. They never called, but I finally gave them a buzz in late August and asked them what the delay was. They said it was fixed a week ago, and that it was ready to be picked up. Good thing I called. When I got there pretty much everything was done except for a separated seam in the living room. They quickly fixed that while I was there.

The service manager started to give me the "these things happen" speech, and I cut him off because I was still pissed that the unit had been in a show and they hadn't taken the time to repair the damage before they sold it to me.

Hopefully I am done with those guys forever.

We might get to take it out one more time this year for my daughters birthday.

Let's hope!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #38
GaryWT

Good luck from here on, hope all is good.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #39
Yosemitebob

Wow, 6 months latter. May you have the best of times and hopefully can put a lot of this behind you, no, that will be difficult I'm sure. OK, I hope you have the best of times yet to come.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #40
Bob Landry

My Outback came missing an entire letter on one side. A phone call had a decal in my mailbox in a few days.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote