Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2024, 10:16 AM   #21
apachewolf

I have used velcro both inside and outside the camper. Did it work? NO. Shortly after mounting the part glued to the interior or exterior wall started to slide off. On the inside of the camper we simply used a regular paper stabler and that took care of that. On the outside not so much. But I did purchase a CLEAR-view door replacement window that came with a shade. But you had to open the door to activate the shade. Wife made a curtain that hangs over the entry door window and the whole thing cost us less than $ 10.00I used a regular curtain rod and have now used it for 10 years. I also replaced the shades in the slide with regular blinds. I was able to use blinds off the shelf from Walmart. Easy to install and they work well.

Happy caming.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 11:25 AM   #22
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachewolf View Post
I have used velcro both inside and outside the camper. Did it work? NO. Shortly after mounting the part glued to the interior or exterior wall started to slide off.
After seeing that come up on my phone, I had to log in on my laptop to see where you were. Yup, Arizona. In my last rig, all the Velcro melted off the curtain tiebacks every summer. That's why in this rig I secured my dinette cushions with magnets instead. I swore off Velcro! However, the Velcro on the Camco shades has never given me a lick of trouble, despite the sun being so strong that it actually melted a short stretch of the window bezel.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:04 PM   #23
Tinman97423

Thumbs up Window shade

https://www.amazon.com/CloZures-Cont...JUJfD_BwE&th=1

JRTJH
This is the best one to install. I did a long time ago and it is nice that I can open the screen with out opening the door (from the inside of course), It also came with new tinted glass and was very easy to install.
Tinman97423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 04:08 PM   #24
LHaven

You copied it with the "..." in it, so the link doesn't work...
Old 03-01-2024, 06:33 AM   #25
Gamma

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don77 View Post
I have a 202QB and installed a window film that allows you to see out but is hard to see in, works great for us.

Don
Hi Don, curious, is that a mirror type film like the latest craze on street rods? Does it reflect a decent amount of sunlight to reduce solar heating? I want to see out, I want to reduce what can been seen from the outside and I want to reduce solar heating. I think this makes a lot of sense if all 3 are true.
AirLift system
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 04:45 PM   #26
MrKABC

I decided to replace the entire window unit in the door with the Lippert built in shade.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like it won't be too hard of a job and the reviews seem positive. I'll post my progress when I install. Thank you all for your help and suggestions!!
Mods: 800w Solar, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter, Victron 100/50 MPPT, Battle Born GC2 LiPo (x5), FOS07TASF Furrion backup camera, RVLock v4, Mopeka PRO (x2) LPG tank sensors, TireMinder i10 TPMS, Micro Air 364 soft start capacitor, 40" TV, Garnet See Level 709P3W1003 tank monitor system, RVLovent 14" Roof Fan.
Coming attractions: 9880 Dirt Devil central vacuum, Nautilus RV shower door system.
MrKABC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind