Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2023, 06:02 PM   #1
RickWest

Where to start?

We bought our toyhauler brand new in 2019. First trip out the furnace wouldn’t light. (Thank goodness for small electric heater). Keystone said no warranty. The furnace manufacturer (Dometic) covered that repair.
First time I used the ramp the hinge on the ramp extension broke because somehow the brackets for the legs were installed backwards and didn’t support that area. I sent pictures and a description to the dealer and then waited 3 weeks for a reply saying “Keystone would warranty this oversight”.
The third time we used the trailer I noticed that the black ABS sheeting under the bed slide was cracking. This got worse each time I put the slide out. I kept trying to prevent this by using duct tape to hold the cracked pieces together. Keystone “declined to fix this as it was considered cosmetic-not structural”. After long phone calls and heated arguments with them I finally paid an RV repair shop to replace the broken ABS sheet with filon ( spelling?). Same material as the exterior walls. After a year this also developed a crack and then I installed 6” aluminum sheets in line with the rollers for the slide and it’s working well.
I always had trouble getting the black tank to drain properly. I even removed the toilet to try and see what was wrong. I found the circular piece that was cut out of the black tank during assembly floating inside the tank. Took some doing but I finally got it out and the problem is solved.
Best stunt of all is that there’s a plumbing vent on the wrong side of the trailer-it’s right above the windows by the table. It doesn’t do anything in the plumbing system. Seems there was a hole in the roof membrane and Keystone simply stuck the vent there so that they could seal around it as if it was supposed to be there rather than do it right.
Enough ranting I guess….
Overall the quality of this RV sucks badly but I’m stuck with it until it’s paid off.
RickWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:23 AM   #2
dutchmensport

If that vent on the roof looks like this (Click here. That vent is suppose to be on the roof as it's helps circulate air in the "attic."

If the vent looks like this Click here, then that is designed for a pipe running down into one of the holding tanks.

Just wondering why you waited 4 years to post this?
Old 09-21-2023, 06:12 AM   #3
Martian

Actually, you should see two of those vents on the roof. They help your ac unit do its job without overheating the ductwork. Compared to our previous units the vented attic system seems a lot better.

2018 Ram 1500 crew cab, 2020 Cougar 22RBS
Just the two of us on the roam with our two Jacks.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 09:13 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Actually, you should see two of those vents on the roof. They help your ac unit do its job without overheating the ductwork. Compared to our previous units the vented attic system seems a lot better.
I’m confused…How does the AC unit “overheat” the ductwork?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote