Keystone RV Forums

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > General Forums > Repairs & Maintenance

Old 07-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Default Leaky shower

Went camping for the third time or so this weekend and found that our shower is leaking in our new passport 3180RE. Thought that the kids had just opened the door with the water on before. Coming in between the vanity and the shower and on the opposite side by the toliet where the water line runs out from under the shower to the toliet. Not sure if it is coming from where the shower wall meets the aluminum framing or what. I'm going to try and silicone the joints on the inside and see if that works. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 PM

We took delivery of our new Cougar a little over a month ago. Dropped the lid to something on the floor and there was water between the shower and vanity. Siliconed the seam where the plastic sheet sidewall goes into the aluminum base. No more water leak this trip after a shower!

2012 Keystone Cougar 29 REV
2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew
Hensley Arrow

www.funinourrv.com/ourtrips

Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 PM

Make sure you're using a water pressure regulator. Many campgrounds have extremely high pressures and the fittings fail. Learned this the hard way.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 AM

Default Leaks

After a 4 day week-end in Hatteras, drained the tanks and as I lowered the trailer onto the fifth wheel hitch, water poured out of the bottom of the camper. Looks like the seal between the shower pan and wall has come dislodged. Not a very good design if you ask me.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM

We purchased our Outback last September. On our first trip out we noticed water coming out under the shower enclosure. Returned to the dealer for warranty repair and they could not find a leak. They did silicone everything in sight so there was no more leaks out on the floor. In March I noticed a small drip under the trailer. Each time out there would be more water leaking after we used the shower. It has been back at the dealer for three weeks and when they finally got to it, there was a leak in the gray water tank that Keystone is replacing under warranty. I hope to have it back next week.
H&S Mini-Maxx, S&B Air Box, Sinister EGR delete, 4" turbo back EPF/CAT delete
50 gallon TransferFlow inbed fuel tank
Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 PM

Laredo 245RL - we were out last week and I noticed water on the floor around the edge of the entire shower base. I traced it back to between the vanity and shower base as well. This is the first time I've noticed this, and the first time we've been hooked up to city water (I have a pressure regulator).

I've not been able to duplicate it yet, so still don't know if the leak came from water lines or shower panel joints. I guess I'll try the silicone sealant first.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Had the same problem with our cougar new. Did the sealant thing around the shower walls to the base,no problems in a year since full-timing.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 PM

Default Shower leak in 2010 Cougar.

Just bought this 5th wheel 2 weeks ago and was assured by the seller that no leaks at all! But after first shower, I was looking in the storage compartment and noticed a serious leak coming from the edge of the aluminum frame and outside surface wall. Sealed around base of shower and wall, but did not help! Eventually pulled the round plastic plugs in the walls of the shower and found that the holes were too big for the neck of the plugs. There was also absolutely no sealant! So I sealed the holes and replaced the plugs. Voila! No leaks!! Not a good shower design at all. Still a leak at bottom of door....
Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 PM

Default Shower leak in 2010 Cougar.

After sealing all around the bottom of the shower door and sides, it still leaked! The problem is the plastic used in the mold of the shower floor is too thin and when weight is on the floor, the sealant lifts allowing water to leak out. Have given up on this solution and installed a shower curtain! Looks good and works.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM

Default Must Be Typical of Keystone TT's

Our 24-foot Cougar TT shower leaked between the shower and the shelving on the right side. The shower panel was leaking at some undeterminded location and then running down the outside of the base. I applied silicone sealant 3 times, but it still leaked. Took it to the dealer where they confirmed the leak and also sealed where the plexiglass panel meets the aluminum frame. It still leaked.

We have given up on trying to fix it, and instead we stuff a light-weight towel between the base and the shelving unit. It absorbs any water that leaks out and prevents the water from causing damage. Sometimes after showering the towel is completely dry - other times it is wet.

Oh well, I guess it's just part of Rv'ing.

Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna