Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
darr12

Hideout 31RLDS Satellite Hookup

Hi,
Just purchased a 2013 Hideout 31 RLDS and was told it was satellite ready by the salesman. Got home and found out that it wasn't, just that it has RG6 cable and Satellite Wiring. Outside there are two 'F' port jacks. One is to hook up the TV for outside viewing, and the other at the back that I thought was the satellite hookup(and apparently the salesman did to) is just a cable hookup. Inside in the TV cabinet is just one F port jack and there is one in the bedroom with the booster button. I've read on here about everyone talking about the the dual jack with the jumper, mine doesn't have that.
Just wondering if there was anything I could do with the booster jack in the bedroom to make a direct connection from the rear outside jack to the jack in the TV cabinet so I can hook up the satellite.

Thanks for any help.
darr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
darr12

Solution Found

Hi,
I fooled around with it a bit and I found a solution. Got satellite working fine from Jack at the back of the camper like I wanted.
Here's what I did in step form, it might seem like a lot of reading but I tried to make it as simple as possible:

1. Hooked satellite dish to jack at rear of camper

2. Took booster jack off the wall in the bedroom and removed the black cable that was connected to the port labelled 'Cable' and the red cable connected to the port labelled 'Set 2' and joined them with a F joiner - just a regular cable joiner. Cable and Set 2 are labeled on the inside of the jack. There is a grey cable there that is connected to the port labelled 'Antenna' so we know where that goes obviously.

3. Took jack off the wall in the TV cabinet (remove TV off mount first to make it easier to get at) and in the hole in the wall behind the jack there is a splitter which you take out of the hole. I had to make the hole a bit bigger to get the spitter out of the wall, very easy, all I had was a steak knife, worked fine. Anyway the cable that goes into the input side of the splitter I took and hooked it directly to my receiver and I had a signal. I did have to join in a short piece of cable, again with a joiner, to reach the receiver.

The way I knew I had a signal right away is that I had a satellite finder - the one with the little signal hand on it that makes a noise when you get a signal, got it on ebay for 5 bucks) and I put it between the cable from the splitter and the receiver and if you have it turned up all the way it will make a loud screeching sound to let you know there is signal coming through the cable from the LNBF on the dish to the receiver. All I had to do next is to go out and point my dish in the right direction and in no time we were watching satellite TV.

If I want to watch cable I just plug the cables back in the way they were previously. Since I don't care about this my setup will stay the same as I have it now. Not sayiing this is the only solution, but it did work for me.

Hope this helps someone
darr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Trinibob

Thanks was told the same thing.
to bad ya dident take picks!

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Trinibob is offline   Reply With Quote