Keystone RV Forums

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > General Forums > Repairs & Maintenance

Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 PM

Andrew010,
On my Rv, a 2012 Cougar it's located in the front facing cargo compartment upper right side above the battery box. Just follow the instructions in above reply. I had to reprogram mind because all the controls were wrong. Take you a pen & paper with so that you can write down which each location controls. None of my wires were labeled so I had to redo the programming a couple times to get it right. Hope this helps & best of luck.

ChumT
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM

Found the reset button and pressed it several times with no luck in fixing the problem.

Must be a faulty remote??
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 PM

Follow the link in post #9 from Steve. Save or download it so you can take it to the RV a follow the steps. Read it couple times & follow the steps one by one. There are several buttons you must push in sequence to make it all work.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:32 PM

Followed the directions to the letter. Repeated several times with no changes.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM

Looking like you might have a warranty claim with this one. Sorry for your problem's with it. Hope your dealer can turn it around for you in little down time.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Purchasing dealer pretty much said tough cookie. They don't seem interested in trying to fix it.

They're answer was - Everything worked when it left, you must have done something to cause the problem.

There's another Keystone dealer (doesn't sell Cougar though) close by and I'm going to see if they will work with me to get this fixed under warranty. I would hope this would be under warranty at least. Not sure if a dealer that doesn't sell Cougar would be able to work on a Cougar or not. It's still a keystone product but not sure that matters.

I haven't had much luck with the purchasing dealer from the point I signed the paperwork so I'm not surprised at the lack of help from them. So much for service after the sale huh. Won't be doing any business with them in the future.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew010 View Post
Purchasing dealer pretty much said tough cookie. They don't seem interested in trying to fix it.

They're answer was - Everything worked when it left, you must have done something to cause the problem.

I haven't had much luck with the purchasing dealer from the point I signed the paperwork so I'm not surprised at the lack of help from them. So much for service after the sale huh. Won't be doing any business with them in the future.
Contact Keystone Customer Service. Ask them to recommend a dealer that will service your RV under warranty. Keystone needs to know this dealership is not working with you to resolve warranty problems. As the selling dealership, they have a responsibility to honor your warranty and to work with you to make sure you're satisfied. If they'er not doing this, Keystone needs to know. Also, to help other members avoid the problems you're facing, if you want to identify the dealership, feel free to post the name and location here. If nothing else, it may help others avoid the same problems "after signing on the dotted line"

2013 F250 FX4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Previous RV's
1971 VW Campmobile
1972 Dodge Camper 7500/Harvest Cabover Camper
1968 Airstream 26' TT
1972 Jayco Jayraven 20' TT
1966 Apache Tent Camper
1978 Dodge SuperCab/Real Lite Cabover Camper
1993 Ford F250 7.3L Diesel/34' Alumalite TT
1999 Ford SD F250 7.3L TF Diesel
1994 33' Seabreeze Motorhome
2005 Ford Ranger FX4/Sunlite Skyhawk Popup Camper
2010 Ford F150 FX4/Springdale 242FWRLSS
Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 PM

I'm rather not name names at this point.

I did get my problem fixed though. I contacted another dealer that was fairy close and was able to get the remote switched out under warranty. I did have to program the remote myself but it wasn't hard to do. Very simple and only took a few mins and voila, everything works as it should now.

Hopefully no new problems arise on our first trip out!

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 PM

Good to hear it's fixed & hats off to the nonselling dealer for taking care of you! Gives me a peace of mind that the priority network that we got with the RV just might pay off one day. Happy camping!