Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
BeerCan

Got some new tires on my Fuzion

I needed to replace the tires on my new fuzion because I drive the speed limit (70mph) and the tires on it were only rated for 65.

17.5 inch tires were certainly a possibility, but because I just purchased the trailer it was hard for me to justify the price of replacing the rims and tires. Luckily my trailer came specked with 110psi rims so I was able to look for G rated 16” tires.
Of course there the Goodyear G614. A fine tire and a decent reputation. I soon found that just the tires alone would cost me almost as much as a 17.5 upgrade so I felt there had to be more options I looked on other RV forums, hotshot forums tractorbynet, etc and I found out there are indeed quite a few options. Some that have some pretty good reviews if you look hard enough. 2 that rose to the top were the Sailun and the Gladiator brands of 235/85 16 LRG but there are many others.

So I settled on the Sailun. Initial impressions are that it is going to be a good tire. It looks well built and it was very heavy(51Lbs). It is at least 20 lbs heavier than the tires I took off. I know weight is not an indicator of quality. The tires guys at the shop I purchased them from were impressed also but of course the proof will be in the use. They were about 45% cheaper than the G614

They are made in China.Load range G (3750LBS), Speed rating is L (75mph). It is aLT tire but imprinted right on it is “Trailer use only”. The website indicated “all position” They have a closed shoulder design.

Compared to the Grand Ride ST

BeerCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
KenBob

Another alternative to the stock tires that get mixed reviews.

The tread looks similar to the GY G114s we have on our Fuzion.

Some folks may want to know where to get them and how difficult are they to get.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
fla-gypsy

I am confused. How can you have an LT (Light Truck) tire that is "trailer Service" only? That is such a contradiction in terms. It looks great and I trust you will get good service from it.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
BeerCan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBob View Post
Another alternative to the stock tires that get mixed reviews.

The tread looks similar to the GY G114s we have on our Fuzion.

Some folks may want to know where to get them and how difficult are they to get.
There were not that difficult to get once I got the salesman to look in the computer. Initial reaction from most of them was "I never heard of that". I know that in the southeast any dealer that can source tires from the distributor known as Carroll tire can get them http://www.carrolltire.com/warehouses.aspx. Also Multi-Mile tires carry them and a few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
I am confused. How can you have an LT (Light Truck) tire that is "trailer Service" only? That is such a contradiction in terms. It looks great and I trust you will get good service from it.
Yeah that confused me also. That is why I mentioned it. I will take a picture of it later today.

Edit to add picture
BeerCan is offline   Reply With Quote